Iowa ACEP is the local chapter of national ACEP, the American College of Emergency Physicians. Iowa ACEP exits to support the availability of high-quality emergency medical services to all patients within the state of Iowa, and to advocate for our members, our patients and our specialty.
Founded in 1985, the chapter actively represents more than 230 emergency physicians, residents and medical students working on hospitals throughout Iowa. Iowa ACEP is a diverse and democratic organization that promotes and preserves the integrity and independence of emergency medicine.
We are actively involved in a wide range of issues that matter to emergency physicians and our patients, including emergency medical services, public health and safety, and disaster preparedness and response. As a member of Iowa ACEP, you are making sure your voice is heard by state lawmakers. You are learning about issues that affect you and your patients and you are contributing to the advancement of your specialty.
- To be the voice of emergency medicine in Iowa
- To increase respect in the house of medicine by providing leadership at the local and national levels
- To respond to the practice needs of our members through education, information and advocacy
- To provide a forum for social interaction and networking with other emergency physicians from around Iowa
- Enlightening public awareness of emergency issues
- Acting as advocates before the legislative branches of local, state and national government
- Developing continuing medical education programs for the emergency medicine provider community
Contact Us: Iowa ACEP